Find the answer to your Linux question:
Help, I've updated an RH9 box to FC3 and discovered that IMAP for Sendmail has been changed to Dovecot. I installed the packages, I got everything started but still have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dovecot & FC3 authentication

Help,

I've updated an RH9 box to FC3 and discovered that IMAP for Sendmail has been changed to Dovecot.

I installed the packages, I got everything started but still have a problem.

Sendmail is running, and I can receive mail through IMAP on my Outlook client, but cannot send mail. I have set both send & receive to plaintext password, server requires authentication. Both send and receive passwords should be the same (they were before). Both are not encrypted. I had this working correctly on RH9, but the update has broken it.

I don't understand where the difference in send & receive is. Can anyone help me understand? I have the Dovecot docs, but don't know what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

DD

Just Joined!

dovecot as pop3 server

I am having different problem.I am using postfix as smtp and i am able to send mails to any where but i am not able to receive the mails.When i try to fetch the mails through Evolution the logs shows "Aborted Login". I want to you /etc/passwd for authentication or system accounts for authentication but i don know how to do it.

If you don mind can you send me your dovecot .conf so that i can check my dovecot configuration.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover
    Systems Engineer