Find the answer to your Linux question:
first off i want to make it known that i am new to the linux OS ive used windows/mac for the better part of my life but i am getting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problems opening port 25565

first off i want to make it known that i am new to the linux OS ive used windows/mac for the better part of my life but i am getting use to how thigns work on linux

ive finally got minecraft running, and now i would like to restore my server ( most of this is already done ) im only having a small problem locating the proper ip and getting the actual port open and usable i am running

linux: ubuntu 9.10 (karmic) kernel linux 2.6.31-23 generic gnome 2.28.1

hardware is:
    memory 1.4 gib
    processor 0: amd athlon tm 64x2 dual core processor 3800+
    processor 1: (same)

system status:
    197.6 gib free space

Just Joined!
    Views: 61 and no ****ing help fixing my issue wonder support you have here i think i would be better off getting my computer formated back to ****ing windows xp

Yeah, winXP is a better option for you if you do not have the time to wait for an answer. Not everyone looking at your post might know what to do in this case. Not everyone looking at the Server forum works with Ubuntu.

So until you come back with a polite tone and an apology I'm not going to begin to try and help.

Oh yeah, I don't work with ubuntu either even though I have kubuntu installed on a vm so I can play around with it.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted