Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've had to rebuild my linux mail server, I used SLESv10SP1. It has Postfix and imap which is activated. When I tried to login to the mail server it rejects ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Cannot connect to imap server from outlook 2003 client on Windows XP

I've had to rebuild my linux mail server, I used SLESv10SP1. It has Postfix and imap which is activated. When I tried to login to the mail server it rejects my login. On the telnet display it states:
    * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS LOGINDISABL
    ED] mmtlnx.mmtnetworks.com.au IMAP4rev1 2004.357 at Wed, 22 Jun 2011 00:05:38 +0

from the windows client it states:

Task 'Mail: Folder:Inbox Check for new mail.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder Inbox from the IMAP e-mail server for account Mail. Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I've tried using the SSL for IMAP but that still does not let me login in.

Thanks

can you connect to the telnet port from externally?

If you've reinstalled to something like SLES, the most likely reason would be firewall blocking the requests.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327