Find the answer to your Linux question:
How server will process a text file (request from client) and will send the response file to the relevant directory??...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How Server will Process a text file?

How server will process a text file (request from client) and will send the response file to the relevant directory??

Can you provide more context?
    No one can answer based on these few informations.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irithori View Post
    Can you provide more context?
    No one can answer based on these few informations.

actually i am going through the design component of project I am pasting it here...............

Design Components

Program Flow design:
    The client component will have 1 installation on every windows desktop to be used.
    It will be developed as an MDI VB application and will have UI as per specifications.
    A Project Make option will be available similar to a VC application. This Project file (.prj) will store all source file list(and paths) on the local desktop. Next time the user can directly open the project file and open all related source files.
    Syntax highlighting, command auto complete, function listing, variable auto-complete/ typecheck will be maintained on local desktop through configuration/ cache files similar to editplus editor.
    Command messages will be defined for communicating with server component.
    When the user requests a Make/ compile/ run, a request will be prepared in a text file with the program ID, user name, application name, and command, etc.. and this file will be put in a configured directory.
    1)An FTP component, running asynchronously along with the client will move the file to the unix server.
    2) The unix server processes the request and will send the response file in the configured directory.
    3) This file will be read by editor program and the result will be displayed in a new console window.

This seems very specific to an already established build process.

It probably makes more sense to ask the people who currently maintain and run that unix server.

Just Joined!
    This seems very specific to an already established build process.

It probably makes more sense to ask the people who currently maintain and run that unix server.
    Irithori thanks for you kind concern...can u suggest me any destination where I can get help related to this particular problem??

I can just guess. Actually you should know.

The way this document is written sounds like this unix server is already in place and working.
    Maybe the group/person, which gave you that "Design Components" document can give information about what it does?
    Or at least give you pointers where to look at.

Just Joined!
    I can just guess. Actually you should know.

The way this document is written sounds like this unix server is already in place and working.
    Maybe the group/person, which gave you that "Design Components" document can give information about what it does?
    Or at least give you pointers where to look at.
    I had downloaded this project document from website where many other projects are available.......anyway thanks foe ur interest in my problem i will try find out the solution fast.....i thought here on this forum i will get answer but.....its ok fine