Find the answer to your Linux question:
I basically have a CentOS server with Webmin installed. Nothing else. I've managed to install Apache, PHP, MySQL, and a FTP server. But, there are several things that I can't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Complete LAMP tutorial?

I basically have a CentOS server with Webmin installed. Nothing else. I've managed to install Apache, PHP, MySQL, and a FTP server. But, there are several things that I can't figure out among the things that I probably need to know but don't know that I need to know. For instance, all my web files are permissioned under root:root. I don't think that's correct, but I can't find anything to tell me how this should be set up. When I connect to FTP, I can't get to any directory but the home directory. Etc., etc. Anyone know of an article that will do a walk-through from OS installation to complete and secure LAMP setup?

This might be a start
    The Perfect Server - CentOS 6.0 x86_64 [ISPConfig 3] | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

Just keep in mind:
    There is not one way to configure a lamp (or linux in general), it rather depends on the scenario and available resources.
    Imho, the versatility is what makes unix great but it comes with the price of a steeper learning curve.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    While not definitive, this tutorial may provide some food for thought, especially if you have root access and multiple sites to host.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent