Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello guys, i have a question.4 I bought a Vps. Now i am not understanding where and how i get the DNS for my web. Regard.!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to get DNS?

Hello guys,

i have a question.4

I bought a Vps. Now i am not understanding where and how i get the DNS for my web.

Regard.!

If the web shall be public reachable, then the easiest option is to use the nameserver that are offered by your ISP while you apply for an official domain.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!

try google dns

Try google's free dns. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Not wanting to sound patronising, but why do you want a DNS and do you know what it is? Also, what do you want to use it for?

If you want to be able to access your VPS using a domain name over the Internet, e.g. mypublicdomain.com, then you need to first register the domain name then ask your VPS provider how to assign your VPS' IP address to the domain name. Generally, providers have their own DNS' for resolving IP address with domain names.

If your VPS is to be used privately (assuming it will be accessed from a private LAN via the Internet), then there are various ways of doing this, from, for example, just using the server's IP address (in a URL) to setting up your own DNS on one of your (Linux/UNIX) machines...

Perhaps ask your VPS provider for some guidance first to determine what you need exactily.

Good luck,
    Chas