Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm trying to install Apache in chrooted environment on RHEL 6 64 bit OS. I done most of the config and have a working instance of Apache except for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache + RHEL 6 in chrooted environment

Hi,

I'm trying to install Apache in chrooted environment on RHEL 6 64 bit OS.
    I done most of the config and have a working instance of Apache except for php-mysql support. The error captured in the log file is

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/mysql.so' - libmysqlclient.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/mysqli.so' - libmysqlclient.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/pdo_mysql.so' - libmysqlclient.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

The file libmysqlclient.so.16 exists in /usr/lib64/mysql directory as well as within the jail directory /httpdjail/usr/lib64/mysql

The same error is generated when I issue the command
    Code:
    /usr/sbin/chroot /httpdjail /usr/bin/php -v
    I've got Apache working successfully in a chrooted environment in RHEL 5

Software versions in use in RHEL 6
    Apache - 2.2.15
    PHP - 5.3.3
    MySQL - 5.1.52

Assistance would be appreciated.

--Syd

Just Joined!
    Hi,

I've managed to resolve the said issue. I had to create a symlink for the libmysqlclient.so.16 file in /httpdjail/usr/lib64. Though I have no idea why it was looking for the said library in usr/lib64 directory of the jailed environment.

Also, thanx to those of you'll who might have been thinking long & hard about the solution for the issue

--Syd

Sorry no one was able to be helpful to you. Sometimes it takes awhile for the right person to come along and answer your question, not all of us know how to deal with Apache. Thanks for posting your solution.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    It's okie. I do understand it takes time for the right person 2 browse through the forum & post a solution. It was a very specific request on my part which I was struggling with to have it configured. Hence posted the solution I found as well. Might be of assistance to someone down the line ltr.

--Sydney