Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I want to use one of my amazon ec2 servers for sending news for my website users. Ofcourse the most important thing that gmail, yahoo or other mail services ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Server only for sending mail

Hello,

I want to use one of my amazon ec2 servers for sending news for my website users. Ofcourse the most important thing that gmail, yahoo or other mail services wouldnt put these news messages to spam folder. What should be correct dns records to verify my domain? I dont know, is it good, but my mx records are setup to google mail servers. Sould I use SPF record to this mail sending server? Because now on mail headers I see this message: Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: ip.ip.ip.ip is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of news(eta)domainname.com)

If I use SPF record, should also use SPF record to contain google mail servers? because mycompany mails are sent by google mail servers.

Just Joined!
    You would need to properly configure the mail server.

1. set up a valid hostname like server.somedomain.com
    2. set up reverse DNS record for the main server IP to match the hostname
    3. set up proper SPF record for the domain(s) you are sending mail for to include the server hostname and main server IP if the domains are pointed to some secondary IP or other server
    4. set up domain keys

I hope this helps