Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
paynal homepage appears here on the LF website instead of seriouscousins com and I can not edit it back to what appeared in the log. I did not add the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

paynal homepage appears here on the LF website instead of seriouscousins com and I can not edit it back to what appeared in the log.

I did not add the http.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Whereas everyone but me can access my domains I sent an email apology to Dynadot support and an email to my ISP requesting a cache purge.
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Cousinlucky,
    The fact that everyone can reach your domain says to me that there must be something wrong on your machine as pointed out above. It could be something simple like noscript, adblock, /etc/hosts file...I think something on your machine has changed.

EDIT: Moved to Server section. This isn't really just a coffee lounge "discussion".
    Last edited by MikeTbob; 10-23-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: See EDIT:
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Cousinlucky,
    The fact that everyone can reach your domain says to me that there must be something wrong on your machine as pointed out above. It could be something simple like noscript, adblock, /etc/hosts file...I think something on your machine has changed.
    I don't think ad-block or no script would give a 404??? but it's worth checking that you haven't accidentally blocked or redirected something
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    I don't think ad-block or no script would give a 404??? but it's worth checking that you haven't accidentally blocked or redirected something
    That's what I was talking about Elija. I know cousinlucky has been fiddling with some things just by reading his previous posts....he could have inadvertently blocked something as you said.
    Last edited by MikeTbob; 10-23-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Typo
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I do not use noscript and adblock only exists on my Seamonkey browser. Konqueror, Epiphany, Galeon, and even Firefox gives me the 404 message so I figure my ISP has cached these domains to point at Namesecure's servers where they are no longer registered.
    Linux user # 414321

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    ...so I figure my ISP has cached these domains to point at Namesecure's servers where they are no longer registered.
    If that happens to be the case, then it should clear itself up fairly soon.
    Not all ISP's cache DNS queries. But for those that do, it's typically a 24 hour cache policy.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Everything Is OK Now!

Last night I saw that the .org domain was working and this morning the two .com domains were also working!! My unease is over but I think I have added more gray hair. This problem has been solved.
    Linux user # 414321

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3