Find the answer to your Linux question:
What Do You Mean By Interaction Of Linux Server With Windows Based Client? I have searched all over the internet but i am not able to understand that what does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post Linux Server with Windows Based Client

What Do You Mean By Interaction Of Linux Server With Windows Based Client?
    I have searched all over the internet but i am not able to understand that what does it mean?

I suspect this is a homework question, so I'm not going to answer it. But I will help point you in the right direction.

You might want to begin by trying to understand the Client-Server system model, try Googling that. Support for Windows clients on Linux comes in a number of ways, but the main protagonist is a package called 'Samba' - find it's homepage, it has extensive documentation.

I hope that helps.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff View Post
    I suspect this is a homework question, so I'm not going to answer it. But I will help point you in the right direction.

You might want to begin by trying to understand the Client-Server system model, try Googling that. Support for Windows clients on Linux comes in a number of ways, but the main protagonist is a package called 'Samba' - find it's homepage, it has extensive documentation.

I hope that helps.
    Thank yew very much it helps surely. And yes it was homework actually i was not able to understand how to go about it and what were the ways in which we can interact with it but this gave me a start ......what exactly i was finding....thnx again