Find the answer to your Linux question:
My situation is that I'm going to start running my own mail server for personal use. I'm familiar with Mailtraq, but it's Windows only, and I have doubts about securing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Recommend email server software

My situation is that I'm going to start running my own mail server for personal use. I'm familiar with Mailtraq, but it's Windows only, and I have doubts about securing a Windows mail server.

On the other hand, I don't have a good relationship with Linux. I don't think I've ever followed the installation instructions for any piece of Linux software and had it actually work without additional fixes.

What I'm looking for is essentially a turn-key email server solution. Ideally, it would be an ISO that contained both the Linux distro and all the mail server components, such that it would all be installed at the same time as the Linux OS was installed. Barring that, a turn key email server package would work.

Is there anything like what I'm looking for out there, and what do you all recommend?

Just Joined!
    You could try a Small Business Server solution which has email server included plus other stuff like Samba file/prints sharing etc..

One such product is Zentyal,

Zentyal – The Linux Small Business Server