Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Ive spent a few hours today getting my first server installed and running with my websites. These are the packages i currently have installed: apache php mysql samba ssh ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mail server

Hi,

Ive spent a few hours today getting my first server installed and running with my websites. These are the packages i currently have installed:

apache
    php
    mysql
    samba
    ssh
    vsftpd

I'm looking to turn this into a mail server as well but i haven't found a good tutorial on how to go about what i need, here are those requirements:

• I am hosting multiple domains and would like the be able to host separate email accounts for each domain
    • Have external access so i can use the mail servers and their ports for the respected services so i can use the server with programs like outlook
    • pop3, imap and smtp services
    • webmail as a subdomain eg. mail.boone-duden.com is the
    • webmail for boone-duden
    • Separate logins for email than the accounts on the machine

The big problem for me is that i cant find a good tutorial that shows how to do the separate domains, one is no problem multiple is an issue.

any help or any good starting point would be helpful.

Thanks!

Just Joined!
    I found this tutorial "Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Debian Squeeze)" and will try and work through it tomorrow, wish me luck! (cant post links)