Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am hosting multiple sites on my server, and I was able to setup a IP-based virtual host successfully. However I want each site to talk from the same ip ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache to talk on multiple IP Addresses

I am hosting multiple sites on my server, and I was able to setup a IP-based virtual host successfully. However I want each site to talk from the same ip address that the request is coming in from, and not the server ip.
    So if a request comes in to site a, on ip xxx.xxx.0.2 and the servers ip is xxx.xxx.0.1, i want site a to reply from the xxx.xxx.0.2 ip and not xxx.xxx.0.1 as it currently is doing.
    Currently I have 5 different IP addresses and domain names set up on one NIC. So when I do /sbin/ip addr I see 5 different addresses on eth0.

Thank you

Just Joined!
    musya, Could you please be more specific about your configuration?

Here's what I'm guessing your setup is like:
    domainX.tld -> DNS 127.0.0.1
    domainY.tld -> DNS 127.0.0.2
    domainZ.tld -> DNS 127.0.0.3

Apache: Listen *:80

However, if someone goes to domainX.tld, their DNS would direct them to 127.0.0.1; then, your virtualhost setting would point them to the entry for domainX.tld - which content they would then be served. This would be true for each domain.

• Are my presumptions about your setup correct?
    • If not, what is different?
    • What behaviour are you getting that is not what you were expecting?
    • What do you want/expect?

Also, just to verify: Is there a specific reason (ssl, etc) that you're not using the more-popular name-based virtual hosting?