Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, It's been a while since I've configured a webserver with quota so I was just wondering what people use to keep track on their customers diskusage these days? I'm ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Webserver with quota

Hi,

It's been a while since I've configured a webserver with quota so I was just wondering what people use to keep track on their customers diskusage these days?

I'm setting up a webserver with about 100 costumers and I need to configure it so that they can't use up more diskspace than they've payed for.

I've read about proftpd's quota support but I'm wondering what happens when they upload directly from their webpage? For example a lot of CMS panels allow the user to upload stuff to the server, will that be calculated in the used quota?

I'm going to run Apache on a Debian server probably but nothing is decided yet so please recommend anything that I could use for quota support!

Thanks,
    -Patric

just disk space or are you asking about bandwidth usage? For disk space only:

How to setup Disk Quotas in Ubuntu *|*Ubuntu Geek

personally I prefer Ubuntu server over Debian, many will disagree though

Debian Server vs. Ubuntu Server
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Just Joined!
    For disk usage only, there's no reason to use anything other than regular quota(1). It's nice also to run warnquota( to mail users over quota.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close