Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im thinking of installing Squirrelmail for testing on my Debian. I have already Sendmail installed is the any issues or risks of installing Squirrelmail also. One of the reason is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Squirrelmail

Im thinking of installing Squirrelmail for testing on my Debian.
    I have already Sendmail installed is the any issues or risks of installing Squirrelmail also.

One of the reason is that i want other option for sending mail than mutt

Thanks in advance guys

You'll need a web server and an IMAP/POP3 server to make it work, and an LDAP or other directory server if you don't want to base identification/authentication on Linux accounts.

Squirrelmail integrates readily with the Apache web server. For IMAP I like Dovecot, but cyrus will also work, probably others. My little setup has only a few users, so the scaling works for using Linux accounts. LDAP integration is a bit tougher, but I think you can find cookbooks for use with Squirrelmail and Apache.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your informative reply Mudgen.
    The main purpose for me wanting tom install Squirremail is testing and dev in php. I have never used Squirremail i will propably look into it. when i have the time to do so.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Glad to help. Squirrelmail is completely php-based, and is probably an excellent choice for your purposes.