Find the answer to your Linux question:
wishing to enable apache to use mysql tables for members and passwords, had an error "Syntax error of line 381.. Invalid Command 'AuthMySQLHost'" Somewhere along the way I guess the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

no match of mod_auth_mysql (fedora)

wishing to enable apache to use mysql tables for members and passwords, had an error "Syntax error of line 381.. Invalid Command 'AuthMySQLHost'"

Somewhere along the way I guess the the mod_auth_mysql has been installed (no mysql module appears in the /etc/httpd/modules)

So,

Code:
    yum install mod_auth_mysql
    first returns a yum update PID which I search out and kill. tmi

then, reapply the above code: then:

[root ~]# yum install mod_auth_mysql
    Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
    updates/metalink | 12 kB 00:00
    updates | 4.7 kB 00:00
    8bbbf396c6acbecf890b456a250ab8 FAILED HTTP Error 404 - Not Found : mirror.symnds. com/distributions/fedora/updates/17/i386/repodata/8bbbf396c6acbecf890b456a250ab8555c39f38f8db99a47d2 a2eec73d77ab91-primary.sqlite.bz2
    mirror.symnds. com/distributions/fedora/updates/17/i386/repodata/8bbbf396c6acbecf890b456a250ab8555c39f38f8db99a47d2 a2eec73d77ab91-primary.sqlite.bz2 [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found : mirror.symnds. com/distributions/fedora/updates/17/i386/repodata/8bbbf396c6acbecf890b456a250ab8555c39f38f8db99a47d2 a2eec73d77ab91-primary.sqlite.bz
    Trying other mirror.
    updates/primary_db | 5.5 MB 00:02
    updates/group_gz | 435 kB 00:00
    No package mod_auth_mysql available.
    Error: Nothing to do
    [root ~]# yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing mod_auth_mysql-3.0.0-18.fc15
    updates-testing/metalink | 12 kB 00:00
    updates-testing | 4.7 kB 00:00
    updates-testing/primary_db | 872 kB 00:01
    updates-testing/group_gz | 435 kB 00:00
    No Match for argument: mod_auth_mysql-3.0.0-18.fc15
    No package mod_auth_mysql-3.0.0-18.fc15 available.
    No Packages marked for Update

NO MATCHES???? figure is a popular module to install, figure I must be missing something basic.

Also
    Code:
    yumdownloader --source mod_auth_mysql
    No Matches

Code:
    rpm -i mod_auth_mysql
    No such file

Code:
     yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing mod_auth_mysql-3.0.0-18.fc15
    No Match

yum any ideas? p.s. given that i'm blundering through my first installation in years, and any chance I can post urls (as listed in my log/error quotes?

Just Joined!
    and looking at it looks like the dns isn't be resolve or something, I think it is..

Code:
    yum update
    is bringing 124 MB of updates down (no mysql among them though)

Just Joined!
    So, any ideas? If's it's not on the yum platter, where are the tools to build it? (it has to be on the yum platter, too many people saying how yummy)

Just Joined!
    has mod_auth_mysql been replaced? there would be old versions right?
    yum install mod_auth_mysql
    adobe-linux-i386 | 951 B 00:00
    updates/metalink | 13 kB 00:00
    ftp://ftp.uci.edu/mirrors/fedora/lin...ta/repomd.xml: [Errno -1] repomd.xml does not match metalink for updates
    Trying other mirror.
    updates/primary_db | 5.5 MB 00:05
    updates/group_gz | 435 kB 00:00
    No package mod_auth_mysql available.
    Error: Nothing to do

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by potentsinfo View Post
    has mod_auth_mysql been replaced?
    i'd say a more accurate term would be dropped. See here.

there would be old versions right?
    no, not usually. you'll probably have to install it manually. See the home page for build instructions.

Just Joined!
    is there anything besides the incompatablity issues (not buildable on mulitple platforms easily)?

Do you know of anything better to have the apache servers accept passwords from mysql databases? (other than using DBI and coding directly into the perl scripts which now I seem to remember doing before, or building htpassword files from such? Something safe and stable?)

Trusted Penguin
    you may be screwed, if you're on Fedora 17 (I am). I just tried to compile it from source and failed. I get part-way there with the use of this patch. It actually compiled "successfully", but it complained about 'scrambled_password'. Apparently that stuff has been ripped out of mysql include header files and won't be getting added back. When I tried to start apache, with the module configured to load, it aborted, complaining about 'scrambled_password' references. This has happened to Fedora in the past, for Fedora 15, and it was fixed, but I think that is that.

On the other hand, I do all my CGI in Perl and I make heavy use of DBI and DBD::mysql, works okay for me.

Just Joined!
    Yeah, I'll dig up some of my old member access using DBI, all my website will cgi driven so is a can do. Suppose others might fabricate a .htpasswd or DBD files from a mysql database using perl. For me this resolves the quesiton, however some late comer might need a copy of some mysql->dbm->.htpasswd code to control access to static html. suppose lots are out there.

Thanks!!

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by potentsinfo View Post
    Yeah, I'll dig up some of my old member access using DBI, all my website will cgi driven so is a can do. Suppose others might fabricate a .htpasswd or DBD files from a mysql database using perl. For me this resolves the quesiton, however some late comer might need a copy of some mysql->dbm->.htpasswd code to control access to static html. suppose lots are out there.
    Very good, I'll mark this thread as Solved then.