Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I've recently integrated samba with active directory, and seems to be working fine when I enter the hostname; however, when I enter the IP address, I get an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Samba and Active Directory Integration

Hi All,

I've recently integrated samba with active directory, and seems to be working fine when I enter the hostname; however, when I enter the IP address, I get an authentication error, NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD. Not sure why the hostname is authenticating and getting access to my share but when I enter the IP address I get the authentication error. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by helpo11 View Post
    Hi All,

I've recently integrated samba with active directory, and seems to be working fine when I enter the hostname; however, when I enter the IP address, I get an authentication error, NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD. Not sure why the hostname is authenticating and getting access to my share but when I enter the IP address I get the authentication error. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Hi.

If I remember well AD is studied 12 years ago (and never used after), DNS is mandatory to using AD. By extension, it could imply the authentications are hostname-related, and not IP-related. So, plan of action :
    -make sure your DNS infra is well working and AD compatible
    -use hostnames