Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

GFS Local File System

Hi,

I want to setup GFS2 as local file system in Centos. Currently it using LVM ext3.

Does anyone have experience it? Please here if you have tutorial.

Thanks.

Install the package that contains the mkfs.gfs2 binary for your distro, e.g.:
    Code:
    yum install gfs2-utils
    Then read the man page, e.g.:

Code:
    man mkfs.gfs2
    As you can see from the examples therein, you'll want to ultimately run something like:

Code:
    mkfs.gfs2 -t mycluster:mygfs2 -p lock_dlm -j 2 /dev/vg0/myvol

Can this implement after installation with LVM2?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by zabidin5417 View Post
    Can this implement after installation with LVM2?
    if you mean LVM2 vs LVM, then I'm not sure, but I would guess "yes". if you mean LVM in general, then as their own examples reference LVM volume groups (e.g., /dev/vg0/mygfs2), then I would definitely say "yes" (but haven't tested that myself).

Currently i have server setup with LVM2. But we cannot make backup because of agent from IBM CommVault need to use GFS2 file system. So is there corrupt file system if i implement this GFS2 on current system?

There is no way I could say. Look around on google for example cases that apply to your situation.

At the very least, what I would do is set up a spare server (preferably the same hardware) with the same distro version, filesystem layout, software load, etc. and attempt to create the local GFS2 on that system.