Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by atreyu Have you looked at SharedAppVNC ? It might have the same limitations as straight VNC, but maybe it would allow you to focus on a single ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    Have you looked at SharedAppVNC? It might have the same limitations as straight VNC, but maybe it would allow you to focus on a single app and not a whole desktop.
    This may be feasible, I'll have to read into how it works later.

The only problem is that this should be an inherent feature of the X11 setup and not require a specific sever, client, nor protocol to use.

So I have an update...for the one person actually watching this thread...

So I started a new X server on display 1, then launched x11vnc.

Then I set the DISPLAY var to display 1 (value of :1.0) and started the OpenGL application. As expected, the OpenGL application started, and the debug info I have in the beginning printed out, etc., but obviously I could not see it (as I'm looking at 0).

I connect to the X11 server on display 1, and get a black screen on the VNC client. This is to be expected since there's nothing running on that server.

BUT, even when I start the OpenGL application on that display, I do NOT see it on the VNC client. I see a regular black desktop with the standard X cursor. Why isn't the window visible there? There's no errors reported anywhere in the process. I'm thinking because there may not be a window manager that is willing to run a window on display 1 but A) I've seen it run stuff on display 1 to see via VNC on there, and B) I would expect an error in trying to open the window there.

Anybody have any thoughts...I hate the way I can't find any info about this and nobody knows . Where can I find some X experts??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2