Find the answer to your Linux question:
Halo, I'm having a complex configuration issue. I have one host name. example.com. I have two different directory with different content. I require when user from internet access example.com to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Virtual host problem.

Halo, I'm having a complex configuration issue. I have one host name. example.com. I have two different directory with different content. I require when user from internet access example.com to virtual host ip 123.123.20.20, the will go to content1. and if user from local local network access example.comthey will go to content2 to virtual host ip will be 192.168.1.1. I tried many ways but not having clue how to resolve the issue. Let me break the scenario below

NameVistualHost 123.123.20.20
    NameVistualHost 192.168.1.1

exapmle.com

content1 123.123.20.20
    content2 192.168.1.1

You have tried many ways but you did not state what you have tried.

This could be done with
    DNS
    IPTABLES
    HOST file

So what have you tried already?

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Just Joined!
    sorry, I did not have tried that way, I've thought only httpd.conf file would do the trick. So i have studied apache server virtual host options. But none of those worked. I think that would not be possible only with server side configuration. Later i though i would do it by redirecting local traffic to exanple.com with advance router and internet traffic will remain as it is.

Just Joined!
    Did you figure it out. I never could get mine to work and just used the same ip on all the sites.