Find the answer to your Linux question:
Halo, I would like to create an ftp or streaming video server on centos. The scenario is authenticated user will see the list of video when come to my server. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need idea

Halo, I would like to create an ftp or streaming video server on centos. The scenario is authenticated user will see the list of video when come to my server. if the click link see video, the will see it, and if they click download. they will able to download the video. how can i do that?

Sounds like you need uPnP or DLNA (they're very similar) - something like mediatomb. ushare or minidlna. These packages may be available in your package manager depending on which repositories you have installed and enabled. I use uShare on my server.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    I've isntalled ushare on my centos 5.8. I got the following error.

500 Internal Server Error

Just have followed the this link to do that.

Just Joined!
    will that create ftp server with video viewing facility?

Did you do the configuration as it suggests on the page in that link?

How did you start uShare? Did you run 'service ushare start' as root?

Was there any output in the logs that can point you at the cause of the problem?

It doesn't provide ftp facilities, it provides upnp streaming capability. If you need file access, then consider setting up an FTP server too.

Just Joined!
    yes, I did the configuration as it suggested on the page in that link. In-fact, I did copied entire configuration file only change I have made is directory path. I've install ushare by yum on my centos and i have started "service ushare start" as root.

I don't see any log actually. I don't know where to see the log for this error.

I also have configured vsftpd and it is working to share files. I just wanted to enable user to see the video before downloading or just watch from my server.

Just Joined!
    no luck so far.

The logs are in /var/logs. You probably want to look at messages, or any error logs.

You can also try running the ushare binary from the command line on its own - this would then display error output in the terminal and might give a few more hints. I recall having some issues setting my server up, although it never actually failed to start. I had trouble getting anything to read the shared directories at first, I think you have to declare them by absolute path name in the config file.