Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am using centos-6.2 [root_localhost sbin]# uname -a 'Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.32-220.el6.i686 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6 16:15:40 GMT 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux I have apache server,php5 on my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to send or recieve the mails from apache server using sendmail and

Hello,
    I am using centos-6.2
    [root_localhost sbin]# uname -a
    'Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.32-220.el6.i686 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6 16:15:40 GMT 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    I have apache server,php5 on my system and I want to send mail using sendmail on my system.
    when I try to send mail from shell that time mail is succesfully sent to respective address(
    php -r 'mail("K.ugmail.com","hi","hello","r.ugmail.com"); '
    )

but when I try to send it through webbrowser I am not able to send it.
    so please help me if anybuddy knows the solution on this problem

Trusted Penguin
    hi,

check your webserver log for specific errors and report them here. try the log file here:

Code:
    /var/log/httpd/error_log

Just Joined!
    If you're sorta new to setting up servers and such, then you might want to look at iredmail (I can't post links yet, so just google it)

It doesn't use sendmail though, it uses postfix. But it sets up in minutes and it's awesome.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacopag View Post
    It doesn't use sendmail though, it uses postfix. But it sets up in minutes and it's awesome.
    i've never used iredmail myself, but I do always favor postfix over sendmail, as the former is usually much easier to configure, and I don't need the mega-configurability of sendmail.