Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a postfix server configured with virtual domains. Everything works quite fine except one use case which goes through and should not. When I am sending email from domain ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

postfix recipients_restrictions sender domain = recipient domain

I have a postfix server configured with virtual domains. Everything works quite fine except one use case which goes through and should not.

When I am sending email from domain name supported by the server (auth_destinations) to the domain name supported by the server, the email goes through without authentication. The reason is that the recipient_restrictions starts with permit_mynetworks and obviously the email is delivered from 127.0.0.1 which is included in mynetworks.

The configuration is like follows:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
    permit_mynetworks,
    permit_sasl_authenticated,
    reject_unauth_destination,
    reject_invalid_hostname,
    reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
    reject_unauth_pipelining,
    reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
    reject_rbl_client sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
    Could you please help me with this issue and advice what I could change in my configuration? I read the postifx document (Postfix SMTP relay and access control) about restrictions but still I am not sure how to change my settings. I am afraid that I will block all incoming traffic by mistake.

Maybe I should use a mix of client_restrictions and relay_restrictions along with recipient_restrictions?

Just Joined!
    Anyone willing to help me?