Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, I am having hard time setting up my mail server, I dont know much about mail servers, but everytime I try to send anything to my domain I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ubuntu server, cant recieve emails.

Hey guys, I am having hard time setting up my mail server, I dont know much about mail servers, but everytime I try to send anything to my domain I get this error:
    Code:
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<*my domain*>:
        host 92.240.253.124 [92.240.253.124]: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
    If anyone could help me solve my problem, I would be thankful.
    I should probably post more info about my server, but I dont know where to start... Thanks

Linux Engineer
    Are you using a particular tutorial to setup your server? You need to give us details about what software you're using, network configuration, dns settings, etc.

Just Joined!
    I reinstalled whole server and installed iRedMail, its working fine now, but email delivery takes long time with some sites... with gmail, it's almost instant, but when I try to send/recieve mail from other free mail services, it takes up to 15minutes, why is that?

Just Joined!
    I've set up greylisting corretly, now everything is working fine, thanks.

Trusted Penguin
    glad you've got it sorted, and thanks for posting your solution, it will hopefully benefit others.

marking this thread as Solved for you. Note that you can do this yourself using the Thread Tools link at the top of the page.