Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't even know how to phrase what I'm seeing. My mailserver runs Postfix with amavis, clamav, spamassassin all tied together. I've not had any problems for 5 years. Recently ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Unsure of a certain Postfix mailserver behavior

I don't even know how to phrase what I'm seeing. My mailserver runs Postfix with amavis, clamav, spamassassin all tied together. I've not had any problems for 5 years. Recently my hard disks went bad in the server, and I had to rebuild the entire server from a new system and restore the virtual maildirs from backup.

Here's the issue: I just saw an email that had been sent to my ex-wife who uses my email server, and in the distribution list for that email is her email address b***<at>mydomain.com but there's also an entry for tws_legnalind<at>mymailserverhostname.mydomain.com. This is not a valid email address. I don't know if I have a relay problem or how that got sent out and then subsequently added to an email distribution list from someone we do regular email contact with.

Thanks for any insight - I'm at a loss.
    Ben

Just Joined!
    Sorry for the late reply; I'm new here. Additionally, sorry for the inconveniece you're going through.

Yes, your immediate concern should be the relay behavior. Yet if you have those settings nulled, have you considered your restrictions and their files?
    e.g.-
    Code:
    /etc/postfix/main.cf
    smtpd_sender_restrictions =
      reject_non_fqdn_sender
      check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender-restrictions
      permit
    There are a couple of others for Postfix to keep email in form and up to your domain's standards. Used (hash) files with your restrictions may be missing after your turn over.