Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, bear with me on this, as this will probably be pretty complicated. Here is my current setup: Windows 2003 server running newest IIS. 13 different websites all piped in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache Bandwidth Throttling

Ok, bear with me on this, as this will probably be pretty complicated.
    Here is my current setup:
    Windows 2003 server running newest IIS.
    13 different websites all piped in through ONE ip.. iis knows which website is which based on the header name (ie www.cow.com, moo.cow.com etc etc).
    IIS allows to me use realtime bandwidth throttling PER site.
    www.cow.com = 5kb/s
    moo.cow.com = 9kb/s
    etc etc

How can I accomplish this same feat in apache under linux? I am looking to switch to linux, but until I work out adiquate solutions for this and a few other problems... it looks like I might be STUCK with win 2003!!!
    HELP!

Linux Guru
    I'm not sure, but I don't think that apache has that feature. For that to work, you would probably have to run your traffic through squid. Actually, I can recommend using squid anyway, since it will cache a lot of requests anyway to improve overall performance. Best thing is of course to run it on two seperate computers, LANed together.

Linux Engineer
    I dont remember to have seen that chooise anywhere, you can do a bunch of things and modifications pers server, unmber of threads,spare threads, timeouts per thread and so on.... but nothing per speed.

Regards
    Regards

Andutt

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!