Find the answer to your Linux question:
Mysql says in phpmyadmin stats: Key reads: 889.7 k The number of physical reads of a key block from disk. If Key_reads is big, then your key_buffer_size value is probably ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mysql Key buffer size: Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL..

Mysql says in phpmyadmin stats:
    Key reads:
    889.7 k
    The number of physical reads of a key block from disk. If Key_reads is big, then your key_buffer_size value is probably too small. The cache miss rate can be calculated as Key_reads/Key_read_requests.
    It is just few minutes after mysql restart.

There is mentioned key buffer size, but when i add the size recommended by MysqlTuner1.3 (3.5G) mysql wont start saying "Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon."

Code:
    df -h
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/simfs            157G   52G  105G  33% /
    /dev/simfs            157G   52G  105G  33% /var/named/chroot/var/run/dbus
    there is mysql db file in /var/lib/mysql... which has 14Gb

so im unsure how to solve this issue and add keybuffer - if its wise
    "Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux affordable VPS."

Linux Engineer
    Don't mess with configs you don't understand. Take the time to understand them, and then adjust them as appropriate. We don't know enough about your use, system, and current performance to help you with this matter.

At my last SysAdmin job they decided you're now a DBA too. All I can tell you is tuning MySQL database can be a blackart. Biggest lesson I learned was always track your changes so you can revert back. Also what seems to work on one server might not act the same on another idential server. You're going to have to learn to read and understand the mysql config file, most installs put a very barebone config on and there is so much more to add. I would recommend checking out Percona's website they have a lot of good MySql articles that can apply to any version of MySql. Also the Oracle MySql site has online version of all version of the MySQL doc's. Last there are some mysql IRC channels that can help too.

Using phpmyadmin can speed up changing things, but if you're going to admin this box, better to learn to read and modify the text config files first.