Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK, I feel kind of stupid for not finding anything, but I'm starting to think that it actually doesn't exist. You know, for Apache pre-2, there is mod_log_sql for logging ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

MySQL logging

OK, I feel kind of stupid for not finding anything, but I'm starting to think that it actually doesn't exist.
    You know, for Apache pre-2, there is mod_log_sql for logging the Apache access logs to a MySQL database, but that module is incompatible with Apache 2, since they've changed the mod API in Apache 2. However, I cannot find anything similar for Apache 2, and I'd really like MySQL logging. Is there really no such module for Apache 2? Does anyone know?

Linux Engineer
    I can look at this when i come to work tommorow to see if i can find anything...Cool though i didnt know you could do that, can you explain a little bit how you set it up....

Just enable the module and create a valid database and table?? How to know how the table should look like??

Regards
    Regards

Andutt

Linux Guru
    It comes with a SQL script that you can use as input for the MySQL command line client that sets up all the tables as it wants them. Since I have Apache 2.x, I never tried setting it up, so I don't know exactly what directives to use. I'd really love to have it though; just imagine being able to produce any statistic you could ever want with a single SQL command.
    I'm almost considering downgrading to apache 1.3 just to be able to use it.

Linux Engineer
    I´m relly into it to...so if you found anything let me know. I will look into it also...But you say that it existed in 1.3 but not in the 2.x versions??

Regards
    Regards

Andutt

Linux Engineer
    Dolda... What was the name of that module... are you sure it was called mod_log_sql, because i cant find it in any of apache:s module trees. What i find that it think can be god to use is:CustomLog where you can specifie a binary that apache will execute with the logpost as standard in... i think it can be useful.

I was thinking of putting up a program for that... But if you could find that u used it will be better of course.. then i dont have to do it myself..

Regards
    Regards

Andutt

Linux Engineer
    Loooook what i found!!

http://www.grubbybaby.com/mod_log_sql

Its ported for 2.x also.....

Code:
    Id: CHANGELOG,v 1.20 2002/12/18 01:39:28 helios Exp $

TODO:
    * Rethink documentation flow and rewrite?
    * Port connection portion to other DBMS?  Genericize the module?  Start with 
      PostgreSQL.
    * GNU autoconf
    * merge server config into vh config
    * port to Apache 2.x

Regards
    Regards

Andutt

Linux Guru
    No, that's in their TODO. It's not ported yet.

Linux Engineer
    Yea right...though maybe i should read next time...

Regards
    Regards

Andutt