Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi every one.. I want to publish my jsp pages created on the winxp machin located on the local pc. i use ip address for the local machine as xx.yy.zz. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Run tomcat on local machine thrugh apache web server

Hi every one..

I want to publish my jsp pages created on the winxp machin located on the local pc. i use ip address for the local machine as xx.yy.zz. We have only one dedicated ip and one domain name. it hosted on redhat linux server using apache. Domain name is www.myname.com.
    it works fine.
    Now i want to host my webpage located on the local machine. ie, when user hit www.mydomain.com it should forward to the local server running on tomcat.

please help me..

thanks..

I posted a nice guide here for having apache be the frontend for jboss, it works just the same with tomcat with very little change (since jboss runs an embedded tomcat)
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/top...tml&highlight=

Just Joined!
    Thanks..
    but it was not helpfull to me according to my requirment. i want to run my website on local machine(using tomcat server) via the apache webserver on dedicated server.
    thanx..

Quote Originally Posted by indika
    Thanks..
    but it was not helpfull to me according to my requirment. i want to run my website on local machine(using tomcat server) via the apache webserver on dedicated server.
    thanx..
    if you say so, but it sounds like exactly what you are talking about. for the purposes of the document there is no different between jboss and tomcat, the only thing you have to do differently is creating the startup scripts for tomcat, which you probably already have.

the document describes running an apache server to server html and php pages, and to be the frontend for .jsp and forward requests for jsp to tomcat without the user/client even knowing.

sounds like exactly what you want. what out of that specifically is different then your "requirements"?

Just Joined!

thanks..but..

Thanks sir..
    As i guest your reply is ok for the tomcat which is run on the same pc.(or one server/dedicated server)
    i want to run my jsps located on local machine, to the out side using above mentioned server.

thanks..

Linux User
    Take a look at apache's mod_proxy and/or mod_jk2 modules.
    mod_jk2 allows you to let apache forward the jsp/servlet requests to the tomcat server and serve only HTML/PHP/whatever stuff it is designed to serve.

The documentation on mod_jk/mod_jk2 is included in the regular tomcat documentation.

Here are the links:
    Tomcat 5.5 docs : http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/
    JK 2 docs : http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/
    The Unforgiven
    Registered Linux User #358564

Just Joined!
    Hi,

U have to link ur apache server with the tomcat server by using mod_jk module.

Then in your jsp programes call the local machine's ip and it will work....