Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello guys, I'm having problem with installation of proFTPD on ubuntu 12.04 Desktop. # service proftpd restart * Stopping ftp server proftpd [ OK ] * Starting ftp server proftpd ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

What linux distribution that support the latest proFTPD?

Hello guys,

I'm having problem with installation of proFTPD on ubuntu 12.04 Desktop.

# service proftpd restart
    * Stopping ftp server proftpd [ OK ]
    * Starting ftp server proftpd
    proftpd[7927]: mod_tls/2.4.3: compiled using OpenSSL version 'OpenSSL 1.0.0e 6 Sep 2011' headers, but linked to OpenSSL version 'OpenSSL 1.0.1 14 Mar 2012' library
    proftpd[7927]: mod_sftp/0.9.8: compiled using OpenSSL version 'OpenSSL 1.0.0e 6 Sep 2011' headers, but linked to OpenSSL version 'OpenSSL 1.0.1 14 Mar 2012' library
    proftpd[7927]: mod_tls_memcache/0.1: notice: unable to register 'memcache' SSL session cache: Memcache support not enabled

I tried on Ubuntu 11.10, i can't install the proftpd because "apt-get update" failed.

so, what other distrubtion that support the proftpd? any suggestion.

Linux Engineer
    How did you install the program? It looks like the issue is you're trying to run a version not compiled for your distro. If you want to have a more updated version you could update Ubuntu.Current version is 14.04.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    How did you install the program? It looks like the issue is you're trying to run a version not compiled for your distro. If you want to have a more updated version you could update Ubuntu.Current version is 14.04.
    It worked! Thanks man.