Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Folks, I am returing to Linux and have forgotten most of the things I had learnt. I have recently installed Fedora Core 2 and am in the process of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Courier install help

Hello Folks,

I am returing to Linux and have forgotten most of the things I had learnt. I have recently installed Fedora Core 2 and am in the process of installing Courier as a mail server and also the web mail component of Courier.

The installation instructions provided are not very clear on http://www.courier-mta.org/. Does anyone know where I can get detailed and simple instructions on installing and configuring Courier.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Mike

Just Joined!
    Why Courier?
    Did you try qmail? www.qmailrocks.org/

Just Joined!
    I am trying courier because I read that courier is a stable and has all the bells and whistles. I am interested in a stable mail server with web access for clients.

Thanks for the qmail link, does qmail come with a web server interface for clients to read their emails via a browser?

its difficult to find one solution that handles all there bell's and whistles needed for a mail system, different servers are all good at different parts, personaly I have a postfix-->procmail-->courier-IMAP-overssl-->squirrelmail system, your best be is to try one of the mulit server howto's that are floating around, what size/scalability are you planning for, maybbe i can point you to one?
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333