Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is there a way to import the MYI, MYD and frm files from a pre-existing table into a new table? Reason being. MySQL 3.23 crashed on me and all I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Import MySQL Files into new database

Is there a way to import the MYI, MYD and frm files from a pre-existing table into a new table?

Reason being. MySQL 3.23 crashed on me and all I have left are the tables. I am going to install MySQL 4.0 but I can't get MySQL 3.23 running to do a dump.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Andrew J Durstewitz

Just Joined!
    Sounds bad. Maybe you could recreate the database, complete with tables, then shutdown the database and replace the appropriate MYI, MYD and frm files.

I've not tried this but it should be easy to try. Just make sure you make backups of your original MYI, MYD and frm files.

Linux Guru
    As I have understood this MySQL storage engine thing, you should be able to just copy those files from the old DB server to the new one directly. I'm not sure if the file format has remained unchanged over the version change, but it's not impossible. As long as you have a backup, it won't hurt to try, though, right?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    If it crashed, have you used myisamchk to try and repair it?