Find the answer to your Linux question:
alright.. we have about 6 computer hooked up with 2 routers... i am pretty familiar with linux but not like most people on here.. but anyway i dont know nothing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

home network server

alright.. we have about 6 computer hooked up with 2 routers... i am pretty familiar with linux but not like most people on here.. but anyway i dont know nothing about networking.. the only reason for the routers is so we can all have internet but we aren't sharing any files.. i tried the xp home network setup and it didn't work.. everyone is on windows xp ecept me, i am on a mac.. and my bro is on linux.. but everyone else here has win xp.. we are a big family.. lol but old pc layin around and i want to make a server out of it.. i want linux on it but i have no clue how to do any of this.. any online tutorials that will actually help me? when i read them i still dont know what goind on.. but i do know a good bit about computers.. i jsut dont understand how to get the networking to work.. the xp networking is so easy they say and i cant do it.. i feel like a dumbass.. but i think someone can help me here so please!

Look into Samba, that is the software you will need for setting up a windows compatible (file) server. Samba comes with extensive documentation and a webinterface for configuration purposes. See http://www.samba.org/ for more details and tutorials.
    I\'m so tired .....

Just Joined!
    alright.. thanks