Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I want to know if there is any way to store as well as forward emails from a mail server built with postfix. We have 2 facilities one ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Postfix mail storing and forwarding

Hello all,

I want to know if there is any way to store as well as forward emails from a mail server built with postfix.

We have 2 facilities one is the office and other is a datacenter. We use exchange server sad.gif in our office facility and want to install postfix on one of the linux machines in our datacenter. We would like all the emails sent to anyone in the office to first go to the postfix mail server in the datacenter, scan for virus/spam and then store it there on the linux machine and also forward the emails to our exchange server . People in our office would connect to the exchange server as a primary one. In case our T1 goes down or something we will have a backup email server in the datacenter so people can work from home.

Can someone let me know how to store and forward emails from postfix.

Thanks
    K

the solution i have off the top of my head would be to have postfix run a normal localmail delivery, then install a pop3 carrier of some kind, and just have the exchange server poll the pop3 accounts but not delete the messages...

to just forward mail add floowing to your /etc/postfix/transport:

mydomain smtp:mymail

Don't forget to run 'postmap transport' afterward.

but to also scan, the only solution i can think of is local delivery, through procmail, procmail filers
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333