Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I just pulled these from /var/log messages. It looks like I have a bad spot on the hard drive but since fedora is new maybe this is normal for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Fedora Core 3 server logs

Hi,
    I just pulled these from /var/log messages.
    It looks like I have a bad spot on the hard drive but since fedora is new maybe this is normal for FC3 not sure.

Jan 27 08:26:13 web2 smartd[1713]: Device: /dev/hda, 2 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
    Jan 27 08:26:13 web2 smartd[1713]: Device: /dev/hda, 2 Offline uncorrectable sectors

History this box used to be my sons game server and then I moved it to my RH9 web server but RH 9 has keyboard issues if you plug and unplug them so I upgraded to FC 3. I am tired of rebuilding boxes. It seems to be fine but this log bugs me. Is anybody else getting this in there logs? BTW Windows never complained nor did RH9. But the smartd in new and I was wondering if it is just too pickey or if I am actually going to loose my drive anytime soon?
    Thanks Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

looks like time for a fsck!
    (I agree with you, looks like an HD issue of some sort, a fsck should diagnose it or let you know whats happening in the least)
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Won't ext3 automagically do that for me?
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds