Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello alll This is my first query on the blog. I am making my company's website using Mambo. I installed it all correctly on my machine running Fedora Core 3, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

can see images on local browser but not on remote

Hello alll

This is my first query on the blog.

I am making my company's website using Mambo. I installed it all correctly on my machine running Fedora Core 3, with the default shipped Apache and MySQL packages.

The problem is when I view the website from the same machine, on which I 'm running the site, it works fine. But when I request the pages remotely, it does not work properly.

1. I see the homepage without any images as well as any color attributes.
    2. I'm not able to Login.(I think either when requested remotely, php does not seem to work).

What can be the possible cause for this myriad behavior of website?

Hope somebody would help me out.

Do you get a permission denied? if so in the apache config i beleive you need to change who is allowed to view the pages in the document root

also look at the permissions for thoes pages and also the user/group
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

look at the html code too.
    if you are not writing the page on the actual box then maybe the links to the pictures are wrong.
    example:
    [img]testbox/images/somepic.jpg[/img]
    when it should be
    [img]images/somepic.jpg[/img] on the server.
    Hope that helps or at least gets you pointed in the right direction.

Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Able to see images now but can't log in

Dear all

Thanx for your replies. Actuallly i was confused in naming my server. The problem was taken care of.

Butnow I have this problem. When I try to sign in it says

Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /var/lib/php/session) in /var/www/html/administrator/index.php on line 67

Please suggets a solution

Re: Able to see images now but can't log in

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix.zeus

Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /var/lib/php/session) in /var/www/html/administrator/index.php on line 67

Please suggets a solution
    It looks like you have a syntax error (broken code) on line 67 of your index.php

open index.php and scroll down to line 67 and look for something around there to be wrong. also look a few lines ahead. sometime the script breaks then it can't accomplish the next line so it thinks that is where the error is, but I always start where it thinks they error is.
    Good Luck , If you can't figure it out post lines from 60 -70 and Let me see if I can find it.
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Looks like a PHP bug you can tell from the output its not the users code. The only reason you get an error on line 67 is cause you are calling the php function session_start() which is crashing.