Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there guys. I just downloaded the latest version of apache from apache.org and i get the following message when attempting to run ./configure, as root, from within the apache ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Apache installation error

Hi there guys. I just downloaded the latest version of apache from apache.org and i get the following message when attempting to run ./configure, as root, from within the apache folder:
    Code:
    bash: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied
    I googled the problem and i am still having the same problem. I modified some /bash/sh thing with chmod but nothing changed. I tried doing the installlation from my username acount and tried installing from /usr also and the same thing occurs.

Is there like a way to fix it? I read the installation manual that comes with the folder and it says that i should run ./configure, then make and then make install. So there must be something else that's giving the problem, right? I am also doing everything as root, so i don't know why this permision denied thing shows up.

Sounds like you have borked some option for your shell... I'm assuming that you are using the Bourne Shell/Bourne Again Shell (/bin/sh - /bin/bash)?

You've just spoken chinese to me, what?

I swear this problem is beyond the apache installer, and no, i haven't touched anything in the shell, i wouldn't know how to do that. Some times not knowing is bliss.