Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there I'm using Fedora Core 3 and I installed mySql as part of Server tools when I was installing FC3. Now I noticed that InnoDB is not included in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing InnoDB for MySQL

Hi there

I'm using Fedora Core 3 and I installed mySql as part of Server tools when I was installing FC3. Now I noticed that InnoDB is not included in mySql and instead there's Berkerley DB which I don't need (coz it doesn't support relations). I want to add InnoDB to MySQL but do not want to remove the whole MySQL and then install a new MySQL which has InnoDB support in itself (it's what www.innodb.com site suggested me, to go to mysql.com and download a version that has innodb support). I was just wondering if it's possible and know about the benefits/drawbacks of it.

Thank you,
    bijan

Linux Newbie
    I am interested in this as well. Anyone know how to install InnoDB and if it is GPU or commercial?

Just Joined!
    Hi my friend, you know it's hard to admit that sometimes deleting the question is the only way to solve it, but well, I tell ya that in this case it's the easiest way and I see no reason why we shouldn't choose it! Yeah, I'm talking about forgeting FC3, you know, I really believe it's a team in their project assigned to remove all the components that a user might want interesting/useful and twist all the normal/default behaviours of linux! For example the KMix thing! When you're sure that your sound card is installed, you see that you don't hear anything, after a week you find out that all the controls in kmix were at the bottom! Just forget about FC3 coz it's no reason to follow it! There are lots of better distros out there!

MySql is completly free as long as you publish the source of the application that is using mysql. It does not matter whether you use innodb or not
    I am on a journey to mastering Linux and I got a bloody long way to go!!!