Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
I was checking it out and there is something wrong. I am suspecting you have more than one index file. Do this for now in a term su - <password> ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I was checking it out and there is something wrong. I am suspecting you have more than one index file. Do this for now

in a term
    su -
    <password>
    cd /var/www/html
    mkdir stuff
    mv index.php stuff
    # move everything that is index. something except index.html
    Then you won't have to add the index.html at the end of the name you will be able to get there with just precisionstrike.net

Let me know if you need more clarification.
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Just Joined!
    the only index file in there was the index.php until I made the index.html file (as your suggestion/test I assume it was). the proper index file (the index.php) should be bringing up the entire site. but it just brings up the white page. I am guessing its because something with php is broke is what i get outta it, that stems back to that error in the apache error_log
    maybe I am missing what you want me to do exactly.

the actual index.php (which just brings up a blank page) actually has a whole lot of code in it. if you view the source on the page its showing it as empty.. but its really not...

Quote Originally Posted by doox00
    the only index file in there was the index.php until I made the index.html file (as your suggestion/test I assume it was). the proper index file (the index.php) should be bringing up the entire site. but it just brings up the white page. I am guessing its because something with php is broke is what i get outta it, that stems back to that error in the apache error_log
    maybe I am missing what you want me to do exactly.
    delete the index.php file
    rm -rf index.php
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

or you can do this
    mv index.html index.php
    -- Linus Torvalds

Just Joined!
    that index.php file though is the home page.. it actually does have alot of code in it.. shows as blank when you view the source in your web browser.. but its not actually empty on the server.

here is a smidgen of the code in that file.

$forumid = "30";

define('IN_PHPBB', true);

include($pathdir);
    $phpbb_root_path = './forum/';
    include($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc');
    include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);
    include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/bbcode.'.$phpEx);

$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_FAQ);
    init_userprefs($userdata);

function do_header($phpbb_root_path) {
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    /////////// Page Header information goes here //////////////////////////////
    global $userdata;
    ?>
    <? include($phpbb_root_path . "../includes/ps_header.php") ?>

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td class="wtopleft"></td>
    <td class="wtopfill"></td>
    <td class="wtopboxleft"></td>
    <td class="wtopboxfill">Recent Discussion Topics</td>
    <td class="wtopboxright"></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class="wleftfill"></td>
    <td class="wtext" colspan="3">
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
    src="http://www.precisionstrike.net/forum/topics_anywhere.php?mode=show&f=a
    </script>

thats a very small part of index.php. the server has been working fine up until today at about noon and started bringing up the blank page.

Ok then don't delete it move it out of html
    do this
    mv index.php ..
    that is
    move index.php (dot dot) # move back now it will be in /var/www
    you need to get the index.php out and we can work fix it later but for now lets get something up
    -- Linus Torvalds

I have to go but I gave you my messenger address on your pm I will be home tonight around 800 PM Pacific time look me up on messenger and I will help you with your php issue.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Just Joined!
    ok, done deal
    moved index.php

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline
    I have to go but I gave you my messenger address on your pm I will be home tonight around 800 PM Pacific time look me up on messenger and I will help you with your php issue.
    thank you very much, I appreciate it.

are working for now?
    I will talk to ya tonight.
    Hang in there.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast