Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am setting up a new mail server running Slackware 10.1. Previous server ran Slackware 9.x. I have approximately 150 e-mail accounts on the server. I am having difficulty trying ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sendmail, moving accounts to new server

I am setting up a new mail server running Slackware 10.1. Previous server ran Slackware 9.x. I have approximately 150 e-mail accounts on the server.

I am having difficulty trying to figure out how to move the accounts from one machine to the other.

Can anyone give me insight on how to do this?

Are you looking to migrate just account names and passwords or all the old mail? The easiest way to move the mail is probably going to just be copying the /home directory to some sort of external backup, then copying it over onto the new machine (or not /home, its whereever user mail is stored). The other method that is not impossible to implement on something smaller scale like this is to just use a mail transport protocol (POP3 or IMAP4) not very fast, but running fetchmail for each account might be an easier (and possibly faster, depending on how well you know both systems) method.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    Yes, the main thing is moving the account names and passwords, and therefore the users rights to their /home directory. This is what I cannot seem to understand.

Few keep mail in their /home directory. In this case I am transfering everything in the /var/spool/mail directory to the new machine.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close