Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using mitel's SME server and am looking for support from people who are using the same build. Specifically, it's a red-hat variation: beta 6.0. One problem I've had is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

In over my head with mitel server sme.

I'm using mitel's SME server and am looking for support from people who are using the same build. Specifically, it's a red-hat variation: beta 6.0.

One problem I've had is that the web services that SME offers is only working for my LAN. My email, web uploader, and whatever else is working for the LAN. However, I can't access this on the net...but, i CAN get to my administrator's console through the internet, so I'm sure it's not a root server/internet infastructure problem.

Any help and support from others using this same medium would be awesome.

I am not familiar with Mitel, but what it sounds like the issue your having is might be a firewall issue. You are probably not allowing outbound services on your firewall.
    Just thought I would offer up a suggestion to look at.

If you already checked that disregard this post hehe
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Just Joined!
    I'm very new at linux. How would I check for that? Is there a generic firewall build into every linux, or is it version specific? The version I have is a morphed redhat that's been made into a serving package.

It's getting a little bit annoying using a version that's so far fetched and I'm thinking of just getting a popular distribution and downloading server programs, instead of having such a warped OS.

Try this as root in a term
    /etc/init.d/iptables stop

then test to see if it is working- that brings down your internal linux firewall.
    I would venture to guess that you might need to port forward your Port 80 in your router if your server is behind a router.

If you have a linksys you will need to log into it and go to advanced then ports then ports triggering.

I hope this helps.
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds