Find the answer to your Linux question:
looking for help getting selinux to allow mysql calls from apache so that my webserver will work. i havent found this yet. anyone found a wya to do it? if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mysql not talking to php running apache on se enabled fedora

looking for help getting selinux to allow mysql calls from apache so that my webserver will work.

i havent found this yet. anyone found a wya to do it? if so, please point me in the right direction. i've beed trying for about 2 weeks and the last 3 days have been googling for it to no avail

thanx in advance

in exactly what capacity has this not been working? Have you been trying to use php to access a database? If so, did you install the database connectors, and mod_php.... also can you access the database from outside apache?
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    mysql is working fine. the database is ther and accessable. everything for that is right. i've found things that say that linux stops iapache from talking to mysql. apache is working aside from talking to mysql. so is php. so i know the issue is SE, however, i'm in a situation where turning off SE is NOT an option. i am allowed to modify SE so that apache may talk to mysql, but that's the only change i'm allowed.

I think your going to need to look at your firewall rules, it might be dropping all packets from local IP's attempting to contact services, I'm not really familiar with SElinux so this is more a blind shot, do you know what changes it imposes upon database and webservers? The more likely option is that it has disabled certain mod_php abilities (ie, compiled with --/no-database or something similar) as the major security concern with php is the large host of system functions that it supports and that can be accessed via web forms.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    from what i've read there's no difference in compilation, the difference is how SE allows things to be done. and for apache it kills the ability to talk to databases such as mysql .

there's check boxes to tell it to allow ssi, cgi, but not mysql or any other type of sql. personally i think this is a ailure int he SE controls gui. if i understood the policies thing i might be able to do itt by hand, but as of yet i cant find anythig that has any real explanation of policies and how to write them

the best i found is this, and it's very...lacking

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinu...fc3/index.html