Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have compiled and installed proftp but im unsure how to add users and other things. I have webmin installed and was wondering if I could use that to administer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

proftp

I have compiled and installed proftp but im unsure how to add users and other things. I have webmin installed and was wondering if I could use that to administer it. But it doesn;t detect it. Can someone help me set it up?

Linux Newbie
    http://lfs.securewebservices.co.uk/b...t/proftpd.html

This might help, i hope it does

or try
    http://www.proftpd.org/

Good Luck

proftp utilizes linux intergrated pam authentication, ie, users are just system users. can you access proftp/is it running? it would help if you can narrow down the question to something specific.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    I still have been unable to install it. I un tared it then I did make install in root and i don't think i got any errors. But when I looked for the conf file in /etc/proftpd.conf it wasn't there. Can anyone help me or is there an RPM for it. I have been unable to find one.

Have you done a search for the conf file? Often, when you compile programs from scratch they will end up somewhere in /usr/local/

find / -name proftpd.conf -print
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson