Find the answer to your Linux question:
Not sure whether this is the right forum, but here goes. I have a M$ Access database which i use for my phpbb forum, and now i want to convert ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Converting MS Access Database to MySQL

Not sure whether this is the right forum, but here goes.

I have a M$ Access database which i use for my phpbb forum, and now i want to convert it to MySQL (the only reason i was using Access is i didnt want to pay the huge costs for my webhost to set it up, but now i run my own webserver this is no longer an issue). What is the best way to do this? I could really do with getting a good conversion as i have quite a few posts in my forum and dont want to lose any.

Im still learning MySQL, so could you make any suggestions simple please. Is there a program of some sort that can convert them for me?

Linux Enthusiast
    Just made a quick Google and found this one
    http://www.gold-software.com/download8264.html
    Try it and let us know if it was good enough.

Just Joined!
    good progam, but you have to pay to get the full version otherwise you can only convert five tables.

Anyone else know of a good (free) Access - MySQL convertor that can be trusted??

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    Ok, well I think that $42 is not that much, however, one of mine favorite library of tools out there is Source Forge
    I made a quick search here as well, and found a couple, just give the a shoot and see if they fit your needs.
    Access 2 SQL <- Quite old though
    DB Converter