Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
It's true that Webmin is not always sp clear when it comes to SquidGuard, but as for Squid proxy server I think it is quite neat. However, as for your ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

It's true that Webmin is not always sp clear when it comes to SquidGuard, but as for Squid proxy server I think it is quite neat.

However, as for your Q's, SuSE9.2 Pro is in my point of view a better choice since it is much newer plattform. And you will find a lot of newer releases for your needed software as well. But then, this is a "go" even for MDK 10.1, FC2&FC3, among a few examples.

A 10 user network would not be a rough job for your Proxy server, so a medium sized server would be pretty much ok.
    Medium sized:
    +1 GHz processor
    +512 MB of RAM (the more the better)
    100 - 200 GB of hard drive should do the job.

Linux Newbie
    thanks Swemic for the HW details.

Pls note I have Suse7 and not 9.2. Will my version 7 do job?

Can you explain your "But then, this is a "go" even for MDK 10.1, FC2&FC3, among a few examples. "

thanks
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Tokunbo

Pls note I have Suse7 and not 9.2. Will my version 7 do job?

Can you explain your "But then, this is a "go" even for MDK 10.1, FC2&FC3, among a few examples. "

thanks
    John
    suse 7 sounds a little old

I have setup a squid+squidguard proxy (dedicated) on a 400Mhz machine with 256 ram and it ran fine and supported 20 or so users. granted I was just trying to filter, not cache.

IMO webmin is a very good tool for just about anything but strangely it gave me probs with squidguard also.

Linux Newbie
    you said Suse7.0 sounds a little bit ODD, is it that that version is not used anymore or.............

also, thanks for info about your own setup. Pls what distro are u using?

Tokunbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2