Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Yep. lol Going through adding them right now. How will I change it back to the cdrom1 once I get this completed? PS - Thanks for "babysitting" me through this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Yep. lol

Going through adding them right now. How will I change it back to the cdrom1 once I get this completed?

PS - Thanks for "babysitting" me through this man.

Linux Enthusiast
    In Mandrake Controll Center you have "Software Management", where you'll find "Media Manager". Open up and just disable your CD-discset by un-click each and one CD. Save, and then you are set. You have not removed anything right now, all you have done is disabled the CD-sets.

Just Joined!
    I had already moved it (the website suggested removing the media before adding these others, so right now it's completely blank)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    Blank??? Did you not do "urpmi.addmedia"?

Just Joined!
    I'm going back throughit....guessing it was perhaps bad typing. Just noticed you can copy and paste at the command line. It's def. doing something different now (you can see it downloading, etc..)

Linux Enthusiast
    Then you're on it.

Just Joined!
    Okay, I think this has got it. The bandwidth up here at the office is really horrible (one of the main reasons I'm wanting to setup a web filter), so it's got about 30 minutes to go on downloading the final list.

Linux Enthusiast
    Well, if you are planning to save bandwidth you shuld consider to increese your cache file size after you have successfully installed your squid server. You will find a new directory called /etc/squid when you are done, inside that directory you will also find a file called squid.conf this is your Squid proxy configuration file.
    You will find an entry inside this file that is something like this
    Code:
    cache_dir aufs /var/spool/squid 2000 16 128
    Which basicly tells you that you will use 2000MB == 2GB of disk space for caching, and the cache engine shall build it's cach structure with a directory structur of 16 directories and 128 sub-directories in each level.

If you have a lot of memory and very fast disk system, you should probably increese the size up to 60% of your total disk space, and use a structure of 32 directories and 256 sub-directories

Good luck with the installation now, I'm leaving my office for today, since my time here is 10:37 pm and I feel like geting home and get some sleep before tomorrow starts, (again)

Just Joined!
    Thanks for all of the help man. I certainly wouldnt' have been able to figure this out on my own.

Thanks!

Just Joined!
    Update - Okay, all of that finally finished.

I then ran urpmi squid. It downloaded the rpm.

I dropped out to a command line and su root to reinstall:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid
    make
    make install

I then did a "which squid", and got the same thing as I did previously.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast