Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Awesome!! It's up and going fine now. I really do thank you for your help man....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Awesome!! It's up and going fine now. I really do thank you for your help man.

Linux Enthusiast
    Youre welcome, and what you have to do is fine tune the Proxy for your needs. But that is another storry.
    Don't let you down in the first hours or so, if you feel it will be a lack of speed, it's just because when pages has not been cached yet, the squid has to get them first. Then when you know which pages are used frequently at your office, you are able to pre-cache them once and a while.

Just Joined!
    Needing to install SquidGuard, it's telling me that I need to install the Berkeley DB v2.x. Do I actually have to install a 2.x version, or can I install one of the newest 4.3 version?

I went ahead and installed version 2x and it went through fine. When to install SquidGuard, and did the ./configure, make but ended up getting this at the end:
    gcc -I.. -I. -I. -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include -c lex.yy.c
    gcc: lex.yy.c: No such file or directory
    gcc: no input files
    make[1]: *** [lex.yy.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/brad/downloads/squidguard/squidGuard-1.2.0/src'

Just Joined!
    I did an updatedb, and locate is able to find it:

/home/brad/downloads/squidguard/squidGuard-1.2.0/src/lex.yy.c.flex.

If "locate" can find it, shouldn't "make" be able to as well?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4