Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Apache Version: Apache/2.0.46 Running on : Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 4) Kernel : 2.4.21-20.EL This is a very odd problem which has been ongoing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    x0x
    Just Joined!

Slow Apache Image Loadtimes

Hi,

Apache Version: Apache/2.0.46
    Running on : Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 4)
    Kernel : 2.4.21-20.EL

This is a very odd problem which has been ongoing for a while now. Since upgrading to this version of apache I have experienced some odd load times when apache handles images.

When requesting a page which has a number of images to be displayed the server seems to hang for around 3 seconds and then display them all at once rather than loading them gradually or straight away. These images could be 1k or 50k it makes no difference. This only happens on sites hosted on our servers running the above versions of apache. Any other sites I visit images load immediately.

The text loads straight away but there is a slight delay on the images, its very annoying.

I have been through the config with a fine toothcomb to try and discover the cause. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this may be happening ?

Thanks in advance.

Greets

x0x

Linux Guru
    try turning off HTTP KeepAlive support in your apache config file.

x0x
    Just Joined!
    Hi thanks for the tip but it was already off.

I think I may have nailed down the cause problem to weirdly enough MySQL. It only seems to occur when the page queries MySQL. Static HTML pages which contain images seem to load fine. This problem though only seems to occur if there is some database connection in a PHP script, etc.

Now im even more stumped than I was before. It seems you can use different my_<small, medium, large>.cf files which may be an issue however this dedicated server we have only contains one file "my.cf".

Thanks

x0x

Just Joined!

Same issue

Well I gues I have the same issue, did you find a smood solution ?