Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I've got a GoDaddy virtual Dedicated Server running RedHat 9. So far I've successfully set up BIND and Apache, and I am very happy with the way it is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sendmail and MySQL configuration

Hi

I've got a GoDaddy virtual Dedicated Server running RedHat 9. So far I've successfully set up BIND and Apache, and I am very happy with the way it is running.

However, I'd like to get sendmail running so that I can have email aliases for each seperate domain (So far I've got three Virtual Sites running on Apache). There in no sendmail.cf config file in /etc/. How do I configure this?

Also - I thought that MySQL server was not installed on the Machine, So i tried to install 4.1 and it said that a bunch of the files already existed. After looking at the GoDaddy site, it turns out that it already has 3.4.58 (i think) installed. HOWEVER, when I try and login using the root account, it says access denied. How do I reset the super-user account so that I can login to the server? Should I reinstall? How do I uninstall the old one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Alexandre

when u say u have a server from godaddy, is that where they have a physical computer that they loan you as a server?

If this is the case, the root mysel password might not be the root password to login with. Try emailing GoDaddy, and they should be able to provide you with the relevant login/password for the mysql database.

also, if you wanted to check that the apache has been compiled with php and mysql support correctly, create a new file and put in:

Code:
    <?phpinfo&#40;&#41;;?>
    and save it as <something>.php then try hitting it from the web, and it will tell u all bout the php install.

If they have php installed, u might b able to install phpmyadmin to play round with the database.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327