Find the answer to your Linux question:
Help.. I'm running SuSE 9.1, with apache 2 webserver, and samba as domain controller. Also serves as dhcp-server. I have a WXP Pro as a client on my "huge" domain ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DHCP server, samba as domaincontroller

Help.. I'm running SuSE 9.1, with apache 2 webserver, and samba as domain controller. Also serves as dhcp-server.

I have a WXP Pro as a client on my "huge" domain (3 computers), but to get an IP-adress on my windows computer, I have to run dhcpd -f as root on suse to make it work, or else I won't find the roaming profile.
    Now.. I've checked that the dhcp-daemon is running during boot, and it is.
    but even though it starts, i have to run the daemon as root. why??
    I thought that the only thing the -f parametre did, was running dhcpd in forground??

Any suggestions?

Just Joined!
    Help.. I'm running SuSE 9.1, with apache 2 webserver, and samba as domain controller. Also serves as dhcp-server.

I have a WXP Pro as a client on my "huge" domain (3 computers), but to get an IP-adress on my windows computer, I have to run dhcpd -f as root on suse to make it work, or else I won't find the roaming profile.
    Now.. I've checked that the dhcp-daemon is running during boot, and it is.
    but even though it starts, i have to run the daemon as root. why??
    I thought that the only thing the -f parametre did, was running dhcpd in forground??

Any suggestions?